Turkish Embassy in Sarajevo

Embassy

Our Embassy served from 1993 to 2013 in a building allocated to our country by institutions of Bosnia and Herzegovina. The architect of the building which is assumed to be built in 1893 is not exactly known, but it is believed to be Hans Nimecek. The building, which belongs to objects whose architecture reflect the cultural and historical heritage of Bosnia and Herzegovina, was once the center of the Institute for Protection of Cultural and Natural Heritage of Sarajevo.

 

The plot in the Municipality of Novo Sarajevo, which hosts in one place the buildings of chancery and residence, was allocated to our country in December 2005 on the basis of the Protocol on the Allocation of Land dated October 10, 2004. Following the completion of competition and selection of the project, the construction began in 2006.

 

Our Embassy is located on an area of ​​2.542 m2 of which 1.191 m2 belong to buildings and 1.351 m2 to the garden; the premises consist of four-storey buildings of chancery and residence connected to each other. The interior of the residence has 1.430,30 and the chancery 2.273,75 m2. The Embassy moved in the new premises on August 3, 2013 and the title deed was issued on April 22, 2014 thus registering the premises as a property owned by the Republic of Turkey.

 

In the presence of the Chairman of the Presidency of Bosnia and Herzegovina Bakir Izetbegović, high officials, representatives of the diplomatic corps, the staff of our institutions and organizations, representatives of the Turkish community in Bosnia and Herzegovina and the large number of guests, Deputy Prime Minister Ali Babacan officially opened the Embassy on May 26, 2014.

 

Our Embassy, ​​located in a representative space that befits our country, continues its work in the most beautiful part of Sarajevo, at Wilson's Promenade on the bank of the river of Miljacka.

Related Documents :

- 1

- 2